Jun 26, 2020 : Covid-19 Relief: Temporary Collections Policies; Ayuda Ante La Covid-19 Relieve: Políticas De Cobranza Temporales
Read More ›
Covid-19 Relief: Temporary Collections Policies; Ayuda Ante La Covid-19 Relieve: Políticas De Cobranza Temporales
Jun 25, 2020 : COVID-19 Relief: Urgent Notice for Disconnected Customers; Nueva Ayuda Para Usuarios Desconectados Ante La Covid-19
Read More ›
COVID-19 Relief: Urgent Notice for Disconnected Customers; Nueva Ayuda Para Usuarios Desconectados Ante La Covid-19
Jun 18, 2019 : Update for Aqua customers in University Park, Green Garden and Monee Township
Read More ›
Update for Aqua customers in University Park, Green Garden and Monee Township
Jun 18, 2019
For up to date information, including a list of areas no longer under the do not consume advisory, please visit https://www.waterfactsil.com/.
- People Served
- Water Connections
- Wastewater Connections
- Water Treatment Facilities
- Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- Miles of Main
- Public Water Systems (PWSIDs)
Aqua Illinois Service Territory
Aqua Illinois, an Essential Utilities Company, has been providing water to its Illinois service area since 1886. Illinois customers can pay their Aqua water bill online through WaterSmart e-billing or any number of convenient ways to pay.
COVID-19 ReliefUrgent Notice for Disconnected Customers
Learn more about lead and drinking water here: Lead Fact Sheet
Recent news articles have created interest in chromium, a naturally occurring metal found in the Earth's crust and in untreated water. It's important to note that all of Aqua's water is within the EPA's limits for this contaminant. Click here for facts about chromium and its impact on drinking water.
For any questions or concerns relating to customer service in Illinois, please call our phone number 877.987.2782
New customer? Click here to see our Welcome Kit for any information you need!
Aqua Illinois serves 69 communities 13 counties:
- Boone County: Portions of the City of Poplar Grove, Caledonia and Poplar Grove Townships
- Champaign County: Village of Philo
- Cook County: Portions of the Villages of Glenview, Niles, Norridge and the City of Park Ridge; including portions of Maine, Niles, Norwood Park and Rich Townships
- Dekalb County: Portions of Genoa and Kingston Township
- Kane County: Portions of Aurora and St. Charles Townships
- Kankakee County: City of Kankakee, Villages of Aroma Park, Bradley, Bourbonnais, Manteno, Grant Park, Limestone and Sun River Terrace and portions of Kankakee, Aroma Park, Manteno, Rockville, St. Anne, Sumner, Yellowhead, Ganeer, Bourbonnais and Limestone Townships
- Knox County: Portions of Copley and Persifer Township
- Lake County: Portions of the Villages of Hawthorne Woods, Kildeer and Long Grove and portions of Cuba, Ela and Freemont Townships
- McHenry County: Portions of the City of McHenry and Algonquin and Nunda Townships
- Ogle County: Portions of Flag and Marion Townships
- Vermilion County: City of Danville, Villages of Tilton, Indianola, Catlin, Westville, Belgium, and potions of Bismarck, Blout, Carroll, Catlin, Danville, Newell and Oakwood Townships
- Will County: Village of University Park and Peotone; portions of the Villages of Monee and Crete; portions of Crete, Joliet, Green Garden and Monee Townships
- Winnebago County: Portions of Rockford Township
Water Sources: Surface water from the Kankakee River, Lake Vermilion, Vermilion River and groundwater from 28 wells.
Aqua Illinois Leadership Team
Environmental Compliance Manager
East Central Region Area Manager
Central Area Manager
Northern Area Manager
Illinois Leak Adjustment FormDownload the Illinois Leak Adjustment Form
Illinois Residential Water, Sewer Service Application Form
Click here to learn about the Illinois Commerce Commission's Part 280
Aqua Illinois History
Aqua Illinois, Inc. dates to 1886 when the formation of a public water supply corporation was authorized by the Common Council of the City of Kankakee. The predecessor to the present corporation, Kankakee Water Company, was formed in 1910. The Danville Water Company was formed in 1883 to serve the City of Danville and became Inter-State Water Company in 1913 until it was sold in 1986 to Consumers Water Company. In its early years, Kankakee Water Company constructed one of the first water filtration plants in the Midwest. Throughout the years since the company was founded, a number of acquisitions were made, expanding the company from the City of Kankakee to other communities in central and northern Illinois. As of 2019, Aqua serves customers in 69 communities in central and northern Illinois.
In 1988, the name of company was changed to Consumers Illinois Water Company. In 1999, a merger between Philadelphia Suburban Corporation (PSC) and Consumers Water Company (CWC) was approved by the Illinois Commerce Commission. Accordingly, CWC became a wholly owned subsidiary of PSC. In 2003, PSC announced plans to change its name to Aqua America, Inc. As a result, Aqua America’s various subsidiaries changed their names, and Consumers Illinois Water Company became Aqua Illinois, Inc. on January 16, 2004. Aqua Illinois is a subsidiary of Aqua America, Inc., (NYSE: WTR) one of the nation’s largest publicly traded water utilities. Aqua America is a Pennsylvania corporation with offices in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.