Supplier Diversity at Aqua
At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are continually pursuing efforts to ensure Supplier Diversity is front of mind to best serve Aqua’s customers and communities.
Aqua recognizes that Supplier Diversity is significantly important to our long-term strategy as part of the procurement and supply chain process. Aqua is committed to including more diverse suppliers and encouraging them to compete throughout all Aqua for applicable material and service bids.
It is the policy of Aqua to develop significant partnering relationships with diverse firms to:
- Enhance the supply chain via lower costs, increased response time, higher level of quality, etc.
- Provide a competitive advantage in building brand equity and retaining existing or generating increased market share.
Aqua believes in being good stewards of water and good community partners. We value diversity and inclusion within our workplace and amid our relationships with contractors and suppliers. Aqua is committed to establishing relationships with qualified, certified diverse suppliers and increasing our work with them through our website, encouraging our suppliers that use subcontractors to use diverse subcontractors, and a procurement process that conducts regular reviews of purchase requisitions.
About the Program
Aqua purchases a wide variety of products and services such as:
- Construction services
- Underground infrastructure
- Engineering services
- Fleet services
- Facility materials
- Chemicals, gases and fluids
- Professional services and more
If your business is currently certified as a minority-owned business enterprise (MBE), woman-owned business enterprise (WBE), veteran-owned business enterprise (VBE), person with disabilities (PDBE), or LGBT-owned business enterprise, we encourage you to complete our supplier application and submit along with your diverse certification to be considered as a potential supplier for Aqua.
If you are not currently certified, we encourage you to seek certification. To be certified diverse, your business must be owned by a U.S. Citizen and 51% owned, managed and controlled by one of the following: African American; Hispanic American; Native American; Asian American; or a woman, veteran, disabled person, or lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender person.
If you fall into one of the groups listed above, and would like to become certified, please contact one of the national or local certifying agencies below. We accept state and government certificates as well, but MBE, WBE, VBE, PDBE, and LGBT categories only.
- State or local government certifying agencies
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Veteran Business Development Certification (NVBDC)
- National Veteran Owned Business Association (NaVOBA)
- The National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
If you have any additional questions regarding our Supplier Diversity Program, or becoming certified, please contact Aqua’s Purchasing Department at email@example.com.